Recorded, not from one of the best Café in Basel but from the Farm Bubenrod in Biederthal/ Könisgberg where we spent the weekend showering outside and sleeping in a tiny house – glamping for a wedding.
The idea of doing a podcast about relationships and especially ours, came right after getting engaged in June. We went through a mini-crisis because the proposal brought up a lot of things: questioning, fears, etc. and we felt like society always makes weddings and engagements so perfect but for us (and i’m sure for many others) it was a huge step inwards.
Also we noticed that in general in conversations, when someone shares about their struggles, it gives the other one the opportunity to also open up about theirs.
We also got inspired by ‘Paardiologie‘ from Charlotte Roche and Martin. You could argue that they’ve been together for 15 years so they would be more ‘qualified for the job’ than us but we thought it might also be interesting to start now (after only 2 years) when we are still finding the tools (aka struggling) to grow together and share that building a relationship means hard work in order for it to thrive!
Here are a few topics of our #1 recorded conversation:
- Till’s background
- How we met
- Find your other whole instead of your other half
- The relationship as a Team
- If you don’t have it in yourself already, you will never find it in the other > love yourself first
- The Tinder Myth
- Pleasure vs love & commitment
- OUR ENGAGEMENT
- Giving space to your partner, seeing your partner’s needs, coming from a place of service
- Telling your truth vs lying to not hurt the other or because you don’t know how to express your truth in a loving way
- Assuming the thoughts and needs of the partner vs expressing your needs = unhappiness about what you give and what you get >>> communication is key
- From ‘The subtle art of not giving a fuck‘ > choose your struggles
- Life is not about avoiding pain
- And more…
Enjoy! And let us know what you think or what you’d like to hear about in the next episodes!!!